2017 PERU MEDICAL/DENTAL AND PARISH MISSION TRIPS
Interested in joining a Mission Trip to Peru?
St. John has five trips scheduled for 2017 – one just for you and your family!
Watch the bulletin for separate organizational meeting dates for the Youth Mission team and the Eye Mission Team.
· January 20 – January 29 Surgical/Dental Mission
· May 26 - June 4 Youth Mission
· June 2 – June 12 Eye Mission
· June 23 – July 2 Parish and Dental Mission
· July 14 – 23 Medical/Surgical and Parish Mission
For more information, call Cheryl Pierce at 924-6232 or email at
Ways to serve while in Peru
Here are some things you can do while you are in Peru:
- Pray with daily prayer groups in the chapels, daily Eucharist with the people, weddings, baptisms, or at Eucharistic adoration
- Build a home, a chapel, a school room
- Deliver food packages, beds & blankets, clothing
- Gather children for activities and crafts, families for a picnic
- Heal while working with the parish health team, a medical, dental, or eye mission, provide hospice care, wellness education
- Visit the elderly, the orphanage, your adopted family, the sick, families still unknown, a village at night, a farmer at work
- Play at fiestas, traditional dances, soccer, volleyball
- Teach English or other useful skills to the parish staff, local school children, the farmers
- Help the parish lawyer or psychologist at the drug rehab program or women’s shelter
- Invite youth to the movies, for ice cream or to Vacation Bible School.
- Serve at the breakfast kitchens
- Other projects yet to be discovered.