Welcome to the Catholic Parish of St. John the Baptist website. Our intention is to make visiting our site both physically and virtually a friendly and informative experience for you. If you would like additional information not found on the site or have a question, please contact us by way of email or phone. We look forward to hearing from you.
Click here to learn more about the history of St. John the Baptist
St. John the Baptist always welcomes newcomers whether visiting, looking for a new parish, registering for membership, relocating to the Edmond area, curious about the Catholic Faith or considering becoming catholic, returning to the Catholic faith after some time away, in need of prayer or food and shelter, stopping by for a publicized event, or recently enrolling your child in the school or religious education classes. Stop by the Hospitality desk when at a weekend Mass or call the office if you have questions.
How may we help you?
Please consider the following resources that may help you with your need:
* Relax! God put the wiggle in children, don't feel you have to suppress it in God's house.
* Sit toward the front where it's easier to hear and quietly explain the parts of the Mass.
* Sing the songs, pray and say the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
* Feel free to leave Mass with your child if you need to, but please come back! The way we welcome children in Church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, to God, and to Jesus. Let children know that they are at home in this liturgical gathering.
Suggestions for Everyone:
* A smile of encouragement and a kind word are always helpful to parents with small, active children.